• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts - tough bottom stem ends trimmed, discolored leaves removed, and cut in half lengthwise from stem to end
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil *
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey *
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt*
• 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar* (suggest either our 18 year Traditional or Estillo Affinato)
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese or 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - optional
*ingredients found at MyOlive
Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For easy clean up, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the Brussels sprouts in the center of the pan and top with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. For maximum crispiness, flip the Brussels sprouts so that the cut sides are touching the baking sheet.
If your baking sheet is too small to hold all of the Brussels sprouts without crowding them, spread them between two pans.
Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Drizzle the balsamic over the top.
With a spatula, gently toss to coat the Brussels sprouts with the balsamic and promote even browning, then return to the oven.
Continue cooking for 8 to 10 additional minutes, until the sprouts are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.(If you are roasting on two sheet pans, switch the pans' positions on the upper and lower racks after you add the balsamic). through.
Don't be alarmed if the outsides of the Brussels sprouts become quite dark; this is the balsamic and maple syrup caramelizing.
Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, either directly on the sheet pan or after transferring the Brussels sprouts to a serving plate. Serve hot.
Serves 6 as a side
(Recipe) Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Product Code: recipe