Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole Roasted Cauliflower - Simple and Delicious!
1 whole cauliflower head (about 2 pounds)
½ cup (or more) extra virgin olive oil - Picual, Frantoio or Koroneiki
Kosher Salt like our Maldon Sea Salt
8-inch Cast iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the middle position. Trim away the leaves at the bottom of the cauliflower head. Carefully cut off and remove the stem and tough core, but be careful to keep the head intact.
- Rinse and pat dry the trimmed cauliflower head. Then drizzle olive oil all over it.
- With your hands, rub the oil on the surface (both top and bottom) until the cauliflower is well coated.
- Season both sides of the cauliflower liberally with salt. Make it rain!
- Place the cauliflower florets-side up on a cast iron skillet, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Put the skillet on the middle rack in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the foil from the skillet and roast for an additional hour in the oven. Once the cauliflower is golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside, take it out of the oven. A knife should slide in and out without any resistance.
- Transfer the cauliflower head to a platter.
For something a little different - try...
MyOlive Garlic Olive Oil and parmesan cheese
MyOlive Chipotle, Cayenne or Green Chili olive oil for some heat!