- 5 medium size ripe peaches
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 TBSP MyOlive Green Chili olive oil
- 3/4 cup MyOlive Peach White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 TBSP of grainy Dijon Mustard (suggest our Salem's hot mustard)
- 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- Peel and Chop the peaches into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside
- Mince the garlic and shallots and place them in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan with the oil
- Saute over medium heat until soft and slightly brown (3-5 minutes)
- Pour in the peach balsamic, scraping off any bits that are sticking to the pan; add the brown sugar, tomato paste, mustard,
- Worcestershire, paprika and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well .
- Add the peaches and bring everything to a boil; turn down the heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick and the peaches are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a traditional blender.
This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
(Recipe) Peach Barbecue Sauce
- Product Code: recipe