- 3-4 lb bone-in leg of lamb
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 TBSP MyOlive Lemon Infused Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 tsp of Maldon Sea salts (sold at MyOlive)
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of MyOlive Apricot white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP of chopped fresh Rosemary
- 1 TBSP of chopped fresh Oregano
- 2 TSP fresh Thyme leaves
- 2 TSP grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Pat dry the leg of lamb with paper towel
- Separate all the cloves of garlic from their skin and insert into small openings in the lamb (push the garlic in as far as possible)
- Place the lamb on a baking tray; drizzle with 2 TBSP of the Olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and paprika
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes until seared and crisp on the outside; turn the leg over and roast for another 10 min.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and turn temp down to 325 F
- While the lamb is in the oven, cut the onion into rounds. Whisk together the remaining ingredients including the remaining Olive Oil.
- In a roasting pan that will fit the lamb, place the onions in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and put the lamb on top; pour the marinade over the lamb ensuring some stays on top; sprinkle with a little extra maldon sea salt.
- Cover with a lid made from foil; roast for 1 1/2 hours; baste and then roast for an additional 45 minutes; remove foil and roast for another 30 minutes.
Allow to sit for 15 minutes before carving
For a delicious gravy....
Whisk 1/4 cup of the pan drippings with 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt and 2 TBSP of chopped mint; reduce over medium heat until you get your desired consistency.
(Recipe) Rack of Lamb
- Product Code: recipe