- 1 pound Brussles sprouts, stem end trimmed off
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shave Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Arbequina or any of our Medium EVOO's
- 1 tablespoon Lemon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Shave or slice the Brussles sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skill.
- In a large saute pan, heat the arbequina olive over medium-high heat. Begin by sauteing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved brussles sprouts and saute, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine. Serve drizzled with the fused lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 as a side
(Recipe) Shaved Brussel Sprouts
- Product Code: recipe