- 3 cups sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 3 cups rye bread, cut into cubes
- 3 cups pumpernickel bread, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons MyOlive Mushroom and Sage EVOO or Herbes de provence
- 1 each yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1 each bulb fennel, diced
- 3 apples (red, yellow and green), cored and diced
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup MyOlive Green Apple Fruit Vinegar
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- fresh sage, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread cubes on baking sheets and toast in the oven until crispy, about 10
minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add onion, fennel, and apples. Sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
Place bread cubes and veggies in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, stock, eggs, salt, and
pepper, whisk to combine. Pour mixture over the other ingredients and toss to combine. Transfer stuffing to
a casserole or baking dish and cover with aluminum or stuff in your Turkey or Chicken.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes, until topping is crisp.
Top stuffing with chopped sage before serving.
(Recipe) Apple Pecan Stuffing
- Product Code: recipe