- 1/2 gallon water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Habanero & Honey Balsamic
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons of Blood Orange EVOO
Garnish: fresh herbs, citrus wedges and habanero peppers (optional)
- Combine water, salt, sugar and Habanero & Honey Balsamic in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Heat brine, whisking occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a large pot or dutch oven and cover in brine.
- Cover the pot (plastic wrap will do) and refrigerate.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours or, up to, 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Remove chicken from the brine, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of Blood Orange EVOO.
- Roast chicken for 1 1/2 hours, brushing the chicken with oil every 30 minutes, until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F).
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
(Recipe) Habanero Honey Brined Chicken
- Product Code: recipe