- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into two-inch chunks
- 4 medium size shallots, peeled and cut into big pieces
- 4-6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 Anjou or Bosc pears, seeded, ¼ inch slice, skin left on
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup Medium MyOlive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp MyOlive Cranberry Pear vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Combine all prepared vegetables, pear slices and pecans in a bowl. Add olive oil and toss liberally with the vegetables. Add the chopped sage, sea salt and black pepper and mix again.
2. Place the mixture in a deep roasting pan and roast in a preheated oven at 425F.
3. After 20 minutes give the pan a shake to prevent vegetables from sticking to the bottom and produce a more even roast.
4. Continue roasting for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. The vegetables should be nicely roasted with dark caramel coloring and the vegetables should be easily pierced with a fork.
5. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
(Recipe) Roasted Butternut Squash with Pears Shallots, Sage and Pecans
- Product Code: recipe