½ cup of Medium Intensity EVOO or MyOlive Butter Infused EVOO
2 tbsp MyOlive Bourbon Maple Balsamic
3 large eggs
½ cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 oz whole milk
Toasted hazelnuts, crushed up to crumbs
1 tsp of dried cinnamon powder
Optional: Slice of Crispy Bacon and a Fried Egg
1. Separate the eggs, put the whites into one bowl and the yolks in another.
2. Add the flour, milk and baking powder to the yolks and mix to a thick and smooth batter.
3. Whisk the whites with one pinch of sea salt until they form stiff mountainous-peaks, then, ever so gently, fold into the batter. Set to one side.
4. Heat the EVOO in a frying-pan over medium heat until thoroughly hot. Spoon some of the batter into the pan - evenly spaced - and cook for a couple of minutes, or until the pancakes start to look golden and firm.
5. At this point, loosen the pancakes carefully with a spatula and flip the pancakes over. Continue frying until both sides are golden. Tip: Typically, this happens when you start to see bubbles appear in the batter on top of the pancake.
6. These pancakes are fine made either large or small, depending on your preference. Serve them with a drizzle of Bourbon Maple Balsamic, or even top them with something more savoury such as a slice of crispy bacon and/or a fried egg. The sky’s the limit!
7. Drizzle with the rest of the EVOO to serve and a sprinkle of sea salt. Crumble on the hazelnuts and a shake of the cinnamon powder.
(Recipe) Sweet and Savoury Pancakes
- Product Code: recipe