- 10-12 large fresh or frozen shrimp ½ cup regular white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp MyOlive Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup ice water or cold water
- ½ cup dry shredded unsweetened coconut (baking-type)
- 1 cup coconut oil Saunce
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 canned pineapple ring
- 3-4 Tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 3 Tbsp MyOlive Mango Whole Fruit Balsamic Vinegar
- Peel and dice mango into chunks.
- Combine with pineapple ring and puree in blender until smooth.
- With a mixer on high speed, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add desired amount of chili sauce and mango balsamic, mix to combine and chill.
- Remove shells from shrimp.
- Leave tails on for easier cooking and serving, set aside.
- Make the batter by mixing flour, baking powder and salt.
- Crack the egg into the dry mixture, add the water, stir to break up the yolk and form a fairly smooth batter.
- Spread coconut over a plate or other dry surface and set batter bowl aside.
- Holding shrimp by tail, dip in batter, then in coconut and place on dry plate.
- Pour oil in frying pan that is at least 1 inch deep.
- Set over medium-high to high heat.
- To test the temperature, drop a small amount of batter into the oil and see if it sizzles.
- Drop shrimp into pan, reduce to medium and cook quickly, about 20 seconds per side in order to not burn coconut.
- Turn with tongs.
- Remove shrimp from oil after they are a light golden brown and drain on a piece of parchment paper.
- Serve with chili- mango sauce.
(Recipe) Thai Coconut Shrimp with Chilli-Mango Salsa
- Product Code: recipe