- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided (we use a medium/robust and a combo of EVOO and our Basil infused)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of Goat Cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TSP of MyOlive Toasted Sesame Oil
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining oil as well as the cheese.
We usually make a double batch and freeze in little cups; when they frozen pop them out of the cup into a freezer bag and you have fresh homemade Pesto for the Winter.
(Recipe) Basil Pesto
- Product Code: recipe